Main Banner of the West Carleton Legion


Medal Mounting Services


Ritual, Awards and Protocol Manual


Note: RCL 616 provides this information as a reference only.

RCL 616 is NOT affiliated with, nor is this information to be considered
an endorsement of, any of these organizations.

How do I replace a lost Medal? (From Veterans' Affairs Canada)

In 1949, the Government of Canada awarded campaign stars and medals which were sent to the last known address on the individual's service records at the time. Many medals were returned undelivered. To try to reach as many Veterans as possible, application cards were given out at post offices across the country and Veterans had to apply for their medals.

Veterans Affairs Canada is responsible for first issue or replacement medals for those who served in the Second World War, Merchant Navy and the Korean War. Please visit our medals contact page for more information.

Canadian Medals Chart

Helpful Tips When Applying for Medals:

  • If you are a Veteran looking for your own medals, please contact us at 1-866-522-2122.
  • If you served after the Korean War, you must call National Defence at 1-877-741-8332 for medals such as: Canadian Forces Decorations, United Nations Medal for Emergency Force, Egypt, Peace Keeping Medal, or the Special Service Medal, etc.

L. Beaubien & P. Richard
Military and Legion Medals Court Mounted & Framed.
730 Merkley Drive
Orleans,ON K4A 2T8
Phone: 613-830-7716 - Fax: 613-830-8032

Bill Kellar (Barrhaven)
Phone: 613-316-7559
Military, Legion, KVA, Police, Fire Services
Full Size and Miniature

Copyright 2022 RCL 616

Website by wwwebworks